Architectural Hardware of Virginia Incorporated was founded in 1971 by Frank Pitt. It has grown and prospered as a supplier of doors and hardware, both manufacturer made and custom made, and has reliably furnished quality products throughout the state of VA for 45 years. In 2004, Lavonne and Gerry French purchased Architectural Hardware from the Pitt Family. The goal of Lavonne and Gerry was to take a good company and transform it into a great company, ensuring that quality products and quality service surpassed all competition. In a matter of 4 years they did just that. In 2008, Lavonne and Gerry sold 90% of the shares of Architectural Hardware to Rodney and Erin Hyatt. The transfer of stock allowed Rodney and Erin to devote 100% of their efforts to Architectural Hardware so that the continued focus would be on delivering service expertise, knowledge, convenience, reliability, and integrity. The sale also allowed Lavonne and Gerry to return to their core business, Virginia Automatic Door. Bringing both businesses under one roof has created synergistic opportunities and a market niche that that can not be matched by competition. The "merger" expands the company's ability to supply our customers with a broader and more complete line of products and services. Contractors now have a single source for all their doors, hardware, automation, and toilet partitions and accessories, with installation available for all products. In 2012, Architectural Hardware expanded its geographical footprint into the Carolinas with a satellite office in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
This is a picture of Main Street Station 1971, the same year as Architectural Hardware was founded.
Architectural Hardware of VA
2405 Ownby Lane, Richmond, VA 23220
Phone: (804) 358-9308
Toll Free: (877) 358-9303
Fax: (804) 355-1603